Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter Weather

Many people have been asking me about the winter weather here in Korea. I'd say it's pretty much like what I'm used to in Missouri and Kansas. Some frigid temperatures, a little snow, blistering wind, etc. We haven't had any ice at all...but, maybe that's still to come. The 10 minute walk to work hasn't been too bad - I have a new down filled coat, the biggest scarf imaginable and a pair of warm boots. According to the Korean teachers, January is the coldest month so we're almost past the worst.

A view of the landscape from our balcony. This was one of the first snows of the winter. Some days I feel about like this picture...very gray. We joke about having the winter SAD sickness, but sometimes it feels that way. I think it would be very nice just to hole up in the apartment and wait it out until spring comes! We haven't made a very effective use of our weekends in January for this very reason.

Here is photo taken on the walk home from work a couple weeks ago. You probably can't see it, but there were huge snowflakes falling slowly. So beautiful!

0 comments: