Sunday, February 22, 2009

Diary: "a little dog is delicious"

If you've read Holly's blog at all you know that our students are required to write weekly diary entries that often provide us with a hilarious glimpse into their daily lives. I thought I would share one particularly funny one I received from a 6th grade student last week. I couldn't help but laugh as I was once again reminded of the many differences between our cultures.

Today is my father's birthday.
My family went to the Jaechun.
Jaechun is my father's hometown.
We bought a cake. We did birthday party at noon.
My relatives and my father's friends celebrated
my father (of course me and my family, too).
My father looks very very happy and fun.
At evening, (a little horrible) we ate dog.
My father says, "I ate dog in China, but it was not good."
I don't hate eat dog, but I looked dog's ribs...I feel awful and I didn't eat dog.
My uncle says, "Big dog tastes is not good. A little dog is delicious."
I heard that, I felt not good. I never eat dog forever. Never!
-by Jason, 6th grade

1 comments:

travelgirl said...

A dog is a little person with fur. Would you eat a small child? I think not.